Saturday, January 19, 2013

And So This Is Christmas


It's taken me, what?, three weeks to get some semblance of a slideshow together of Christmas pictures?  It's a good thing I don't blog for a living.  We did have a spectacular Christmas (even though we all had colds, N.G. had a goopy eye and on Christmas day I completely lost my voice) that I'm sure will only be topped by the Christmases to come...because they just get better every year!  We made a gingerbread house, cookies, candies, we drove around looking at lights, we went to the parade and Santaland, we saw Santa, like, three times, we shopped, we ate, we played games, we worked puzzles, we sat around the fire and drank cocoa, we sang Christmas songs for weeks, we wore Christmas shirts and sweaters and socks, we went to the church Christmas program, our family did the advent reading and lighting one Sunday, we watched every Christmas movie we own, we did Christmas stuff with friends, we did Christmas stuff with family, we wrapped gifts, we unwrapped gifts.  We reveled; we savored.  It was just everything Christmas should be.

And then some.

 I'm elbow-deep in thank you notes for all the love we were shown.  One of these days I'm going to finish writing them all, but they won't be able to fully express our thanks.  To those of you who made our Christmas unforgettable yet again- you know who you are.  And you know how we feel. :)

I wish it could be Christmas everyday.


1 comment: