Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I've Been Looking Forward To This Day

Today we pulled into the garage. I unbuckled Frazier, took him out of the car, and set him down. Then I gathered up his stuff and the bags we'd gotten at Wal-Mart and said "Come on, Buddy, let's go in!"

And we walked into the house together.

And it was just as easy, just as convenient, just as blissful as I'd imagined it would be.

Now I suppose I can look forward to the day he unbuckles his own seatbelt, gets out of the car on his own, and helps me carry the bags in.

But let's not rush things.


4 comments:

  1. Big boy! I love independence at times like that...when he sprints in the opposite direction towards the road, I hate it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about him driving you to the store? You have 15 more years to prepare for that....start now and you might be ready. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that my girl can walk in by herself! She really enjoys carrying groceries in too! Seriously she likes it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No don't rush things. You are right there. Time flies for sure. Been there done that.

    ReplyDelete