Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mardi Gras

There have been years I made as many as seven homemade king cakes and decorated my house in green and gold and purple to celebrate Mardi Gras...I'm from Louisiana, afterall. While this was not one of those excessive years, it wasn't the least festive Mardi Gras I've had either. I made a total of three king cakes this year and this past weekend we went to the Jefferson Mardi Gras parade! Unfortunately, after weeks of beautiful warmish weather, parade day dawned gray and cool and damp. We also woke up with colds. We had a great time anyway, but in every picture I took, Frazier looks a little dreary. I don't think I have one picture from the whole day where he's smiling! Nevertheless, he sat and waved to all the floats that passed and ended up with a whole mess of beads!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww..maybe he just doesn't get it....like me...or he is just tired of hauling around 16 tons of beads. No matter how he feels he is just adorable as usual. (I like your new necklace better than the beads!)

    ReplyDelete