Sunday, February 27, 2011

Chef Fraz

Since he's always here with me and often wants to be in the big middle of whatever I'm doing in the kitchen anyway, it seemed only logical that I buy him an apron, train him in the culinary arts and utilize him as a sous chef. He's proven to be not only extremely proficient, but also absolutely adorable at it. Double whammy. I think I'll keep him on.
In all sincerity, he's actually kind of helpful and I find myself sometimes *gasp* waiting until after naptime to cook. Just so he can help me. Once you've cooked with Frazier- I'm just not sure there's any going back. All culinary ventures thereafter seem markedly tedious and dull.We did a lot of cooking together on Friday (hence all the pictures)- and he was a real trooper- "sous chef-ing" through two different kinds of muffins and a king cake (which we waited and iced the next morning).The two-handed icing technique:He's also handy in the taste-testing department. :) Love this little chef.
Bon Appetit!

8 comments:

  1. That's the prettiest king cake I've ever seen. I think he should go into business :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'll bet he could give his Great Nama some lessons. Remember having one of your king cakes when we were ti Debbie's and Jim's. Looks like Frazier is going to be quite the chef.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just adorable! Miss E cooks with me all the time...however, helpful is not the word I would use :) She tries to put huge amounts of salt & pepper in EVERYTHING! including cakes & brownies! Toddlers keep you on your toes but these are precious memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh too cool! I must know more about this wreath you speak of!

    That king cake looks outrageously good. And Frazier looks handy in the kitchen! How cute is your kid!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, he's a "natch" ...and everything was most delicious!! I am thinking the "Cooking with Frazier" show would fill the nitch of "chubbiest cheeked cook" . He sure would be the cutest one! I love that sweet, fuzzy sous chef!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is really talented!! Perhaps the Food Network could use a show called, "Baby Sous Chefs" featuring Chef Fraz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep coming back to read this....I just love looking at busy little Chef Fraz. I miss him and you guys, too.

    ReplyDelete