Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Josh and I before our Valentine's Day date on the night before our 11th Valentine's Day together:Frazier and I made valentines a couple of weeks ago. He was very excited about using glitter. He got the process of glue then glitter then shaking off the excess...right down to closing the glitter after each use before he shook the paper! I found the perfect Valentine for Frazier this year. I actually saw it in a magazine when- I kid you not- he was an infant. And I knew I had to get one. For Frazier, of course. I ordered it back when I ordered some other things for his birthday back in July to save on shipping and it's been in my gift closet for 7 months! It's from my favorite line of toys, Smart Snacks by Learning Resources. We had the sorting cupcakes, rainbow cones, and counting cookies already. Now we also have the hide and peek chocolates! (That link takes you to the Learning Resources website, but they're usually cheaper from amazon)I had just enough of that cute valentine's day wrapping paper to wrap it (I bought part of a roll of it at a Goodwill a couple of years ago for a quarter and had been saving it for a special Valentine's Day gift). (Oh- and those beautiful flowers are from my sweet Dad...because he's awesome like that.)How cute are these chocolates?! They were a big hit...Frazier likes stuff like that. Shape sorting and things you can take apart and put back together, I mean- not so much the fake food part. That's my fetish. :)

This is Frazier "smiling" for the camera. Why do all kids make this cheesy face?We also made a great batch of Frazier's first playdough...in pink for Valentine's Day (and because red is next to impossible to achieve). I love the smell of homemade playdough.And this was Frazier's Valentine to me. While I was unloading the dishwasher this morning, he climbed on the desk, got the glitter off the shelf above it...and glittered my sofa. Super surreptitiously. Fortunately he skipped the glue step. That's what I get for letting the kid use glitter ONE TIME.

Hope yours was happy!

XOXO,

Randi

4 comments:

  1. What adorable chocolates! I will have to check out there toys...you know because we don't have enough :)
    Isn't it "fun" finding those little surprises our toddlers leave behind? I caught Miss E "cooking" in her kitchen with real oregano last night! At least she had only used half of my brand new bottle :)
    Fraiser seems like such a smart boy! and oh so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of you and Josh! Happy Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice picture of you and your Valentine, Josh. Also loved seeing the pics of Frazier. Looks like Frazier really enjoyed his Valentine's Day. Very busy little guy. Always love seeing his pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cuties....all three of you! Very festive! We loved our home made card!

    Sorry about the sofa...but you can get the red out. Right?

    ReplyDelete