Saturday, February 12, 2011

These Days

Last weekend, we got more snow! (On Friday I went running in the snow...then on Sunday I went running in the sun wearing a sleeveless shirt!) Crazy Texas weather. Despite the snowy weather, the sun still came out and the snow was so pretty in it's light. It looked like the yard had been covered with white glitter. See? Close up of snow:
These days I feel like I could be snapping pictures every couple of minutes and not capture all the amusing things Frazier does. I love it. Never. A. Dull. Moment. Frazier (and his rice cake) stuck between the mattress and the foot board of our bed. Not the last time that happened, I'm afraid.Talking to Grammie:Frazier put on his own boots yesterday! He came out of his room with them on (the wrong feet). And then he slept in them. :)
Where's Frazier?
There he is! That's the wire basket I keep all his plastic fruit in. On his head. Where does he come up with this stuff?

This weekend I ran my first 5K! Since I'd been jogging 2 to 5 miles a day six days a week, I was definitely prepared and though I felt like I could certainly have kept going when it was over, it still took me 31:43 with which I was slightly disappointed. I was hoping to finish in half an hour. So close. Today turned out to be a beautiful day and it's in the 60s now, but it was still in the 30s during our run which started at 8am...pretty cold and there were a couple of icy patches on our route. At least the sun was out and it was perfectly clear blue skies!

I ran with my friend Rebecca who finished just two people behind me. We stayed pretty close together the whole way. We were pretty proud of ourselves (as were our husbands and kids) so we all went out to breakfast afterwards. :)

8 comments:

  1. And I'm proud of you too! Wow, what an accomplishment! Plus you look great afterwards too :) I love all the new pictures of Frazier. He is too darn cute and full of surprises - all in good fun. By the way, you also consistently put your shoes on the "wrong" feet and were perfectly happy to wear them that way too. Congratulations again on your first 5K!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pics, and I'm very impressed and proud of you for running your first 5k. That's a very good time.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there anything you can't do? I guess not. So proud of you and your friend. Time isn't such a big deal, it's getting out there to start and then finishing! Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one gorgeous kid you have.

    And um...I couldn't run 3 miles in 31 minutes if something scary was chasing me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT JOB with your first 5K! It is quite addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So that is where OUR snow landed! Not fair. Adorable pictures of our boy...so much fun! (Cool hat!)

    Glad I don't have to remind you to cherish each moement. Some folks don't seem to realize how much is going on with little folks developmentally.

    Congratulations on your first race!!! I think that time is awesome! I am with Misti...no boogie man is boogie enough to make me run three miles in a row!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snow in Texas---Wow!!
    Frazier's sweet little face---Adorable!!
    Frazier's funny antics---Love It!!
    Running a 5K in 31 minutes---Awesome!
    Breakfast after with husband and kids..Priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go Randi!! Congrats on your first 5k. Next up a a marathon. Frazier seems like such a funny boy. I love the photo with the recycle bin on his head.

    ReplyDelete