Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Lentil's Room

It's finally done!  And by done I mean literally baby-ready.  All her little clothes are clean and organized by size in her closet; there are diapers in the diaper stacker and spares under the changing table!
Though I didn't actually paint on her walls like I did in Frazier's room, I don't feel at all like she's been slighted a bit because I made more for her room for sure!  This painting I'd done years ago (even before Frazier was born) was my inspiration.  I added a few things to it for her.  So the decor revolved around sweet stuff...heavy on the cherries and strawberries. :)

I ordered the felt fruit for this mobile and the felted cookies separately then hung them all together on a dismantled mobile of Frazier's and it matched the painting perfectly!
Made this [fake] candy mobile for over the changing table:
The apple tree painting is another of my old ones and I refinished the little hutch myself.  It began life as this:
And now looks like this:
Also my paintings above the changing table and I painted the lanterns and made the strawberry ones.  I picked out my own fabric and commissioned the diaper stacker and changing pad cover.
The shelves on the wall are old drawers from my old booth at Vintage Soul.  I repapered the backs, screwed them together and painted them all the same color.  (Valspar:  Sweet Mint)  I made the bunting and the valance (out of the same fabric used for the diaper stacker), but the brown curtains were hand-me-downs from Frazier's old decor...as was the bedding.  All the pillows I found individually on etsy, except one I found in Italy.
This chevron print hook is from Hobby Lobby, but I painted the cherries and stuff over it.

I adore the strawberry rug. Found that online.
My grandfather made the little nightstand by adding a shelf to another old drawer I had and some legs from Lowe's.  I'd actually picked it up at the Re-Store for $1awhile back thinking it looked like a little table and had been waiting to be able to use it!  The chalkboard, white frame, lamp and little green shelf were things I already had.  I just added the chalkboard part, made a bulletin board out of fabric and rick-rack and decorated a lampshade I found at Goodwill.  Voila!  The little basket I have sitting on the nightstand shelf is one I got at my friend's garage sale.  I painted it pink and embroidered the little fabric insert with strawberries and cherries.
 I had so much fun working on it, I'm a little sad it's over!  But relieved, too.  I can't wait for her to live in it!

6 comments:

  1. I'm speechless. It's so beautiful and sweet. I can't wait to see it and her "in person"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a precious room!! You are so crafty mama! I feel sure that little Lentil will be right at home in her "sweet" and pretty new home :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! NO other words!!! What a wonderful-sweet room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning. But I would expect no less from you, Randi. ;) You do decorating brilliantly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I cant wait to see it all finished in person! I cant wait to meet her! :) (and know what her name will be)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Randi, What a precious room for your little girl. I know she will just love it. We are so anxious to hear of her arrival. Nama and Papa

    ReplyDelete