Thursday, September 13, 2012

Hello, Norma Grace

She was almost as early as her brother was late!  We were pretty surprised...I think we may still be in shock that she's already here!

Norma Grace was born September 11, 2012 at 1:30am.  She weighed 8lbs 2oz and was 19inches long.

My water broke at home around 11:20pm Monday night.  Since prep and planning is a hobby of mine the ship-out was very organized and we didn't forget anything.  We dropped Frazier off with a darling friend who was on-call for just such an occasion.  We also had a number of back-up friends on-call...we are blessed with such awesome friends.  I mean, we'd be blessed to have one friend willing to take our kid in the middle of the night at a moment's notice...but we had a whole slew of them!  We got to the hospital around midnight and within an hour and a half she was in my arms.  My doctor didn't even make it.  You will never hear me complain about this labor experience- two hours, no drugs, no epidural.  (Nevermind that the second half of it I thought I was going to die and at the end I begged for the pain control I'd so adamantly denied earlier...only to be told it was much too late.) Turned out I did live through it afterall.  And then we just sort of sat there stunned that it was over. Nursing has been great, recovery has been great.  I was up and around pretty quick, no prescription pain meds.  I think back on the last time we did this and it's a 180 degree different experience.  This is how it should be. :)

Now we have a daughter and Frazier has a sister.  He's been a super big brother, but I expected no less.  Now, a week before her due date and four days after her birth, I still can't believe she's really here.  But it's wonderful.  I spent weeks watching and feeling her move around inside wanting so badly to be able to hold her.  And now I can!  It may sound strange, but when first we met, before she smelled like baby shampoo and Pampers, I held her to my face and breathed her in and I said to Josh that she already smelled familiar.  She smelled to me like Frazier.  
Like someone that I love.
Welcome to this world, Norma Grace.   Come give it all that you've got.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! She is perfect! Glad to hear you are settling back at home and doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's gorgeous. Congratulations!

    Maybe one of these days your posts won't make me tear up like a giant wad of pregnant hormones...wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!! You write the most amazing posts...and I'm so impressed at all of the cute baby stuff you have! The watermelon blanket? All the cherry stuff? Just precious! (Oh, and the baby is cute too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet post---welcome to Miss Norma Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Randi, What a wonderful post. Loved the video. Norma Grace is beautiful and she has a great big brother. You are such a wonderful family. We love you all. Lots of love, Nama and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  6. SWEETNESS!! that describes every single picture..... just a dear sweet family and it makes me miss my days of newborn babies....
    Enjoy!!!!! love you guys, Aunt Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been watching this over and over. I know you are savoring every moment as these first days fly by and are so very special. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay!!!! Love the sweet pictures and the song! So glad she is here! I cant wait to hold her again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete