Thursday, September 6, 2012

Loved You First

As I bide my time until I am a Mom divided, I regret two things: 1) that the time Frazier and I had just the two of us is drawing to a close and 2) that Lentil and I will never have that kind of time- 3 long years just the two of us.  Frazier will now have to share me, and Lentil will never have known any different.  It can't be helped and will be great in an entirely different way, I'm certain.  Nevertheless, it's been a splendid three years just us and before Frazier was the great big brother I know he'll be, he was the best little buddy a mom could ask for.  My constant companion, my dear little friend.  Ever my entertainer, always my muse.  The best part of my day is when he gets up...and then all of the time he's awake.


Fraz,
I can't wait to meet your sister...and for you to share her with us! It's hard to imagine having another little person we love and enjoy as much as you.  I suppose it will not be true to say ever that I love you more...but I will have always loved you longer.
As ever,
Mom


3 comments:

  1. So sweet. You're right. It will be great in an entirely different way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you send Frazier to public school you'll get one-on-one time with her then. :) Just a thought! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made me cry. Exactly how I feel right now! Can't wait to "meet" your sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete