Monday, July 16, 2012

Happy 3 Years!

Dear Frazier,

Three years ago today, you were born.
Which means two years ago today you turned one...
one year ago today you turned two...
and one year from today you will turn four.  And on your fourth birthday, I will probably say all the same things I say every year because they are always true.  Like how much we enjoy you, and how all my days are better just because you are part of them.

For your third birthday, though, I wanted to be retrospective.  I don't really remember anything about my first three years, which made me lament recently to a friend that you, too, would not remember all the time we've had so far together.  These three wonderful years...the best three years of my life, all the holidays and surprises and field trips.  All the travelling we've done together, all the things you've tried and seen and said and sung.
"He may not remember the specific events," she said, "but he'll remember he was loved."

And she was right.  You may not remember all the experiences we've had these three years, but you will remember how they felt.  Because you've known what  it is to be treasured.  Every. Single. Day.

I'll remind you of that next year...since that, too, will always be true.

So here, in no particular order, are the things you won't remember.  And the people who won't forget.



Happy Birthday, my beautiful boy.

And many, many more.

As ever,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Frazier! I hope his day is extra special.

    ReplyDelete