Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Tale of Two Parties

This year, Frazier's been very into birthday parties.  Pretend birthday is one of his favorite things to play, so I was really excited about his real birthday party.  I decided to split it up and have a family party in Ruston and a party here with his friends.  I think it worked out splendidly!  For the Ruston party which we celebrated on Saturday, I went with a Frazier's-favorite-things theme.  I bought all the plates and napkins and decorations with different characters he likes and put little versions of all his "friends" on top of the cake!  We had lots of our favorite people there, too which made it just perfect!
 Then, on his actual birthday (yesterday), we had a party at Chick-fil-A with his friends!  Neither of our Chick-fil-A's offer a party package per se, but it's one of our favorite places to go because they have a great indoor playplace and it's the only fast food I concede to letting Frazier eat.  Mostly because of the indoor playplace.  I suppose this is hypocrisy at its best.  Judge me as you will.  I checked with them and though they won't help you throw a party, they will let you throw one there yourself, so that's just what I did.  They have a store on their website from which I ordered bookmarks for the favor bags, a tee-shirt for Frazier to wear that day, some Chick-fil-A wrapping paper and a kids' plate set for Frazier to eat off of.  The other stuff I found around town or online to fit the red, black and white/cow theme.  Each of Frazier's friends got a kids meal and I just got a nugget tray and a gallon of sweet tea for the moms and siblings and brought my own cupcakes.  Instant party! We had a lot of good friends there and Frazier had a great time...definitely a success!


Other birthday pictures:





Thanks so much to everyone who made it so happy!

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic day for a sweet little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like he had a wonderful birthday week with friends a family. You can tell he loved his cake... he was mesmerized!!! Aunt
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so glad that we could sing Happy B-day to our sweet little great grandson on Skype. Wish we could have been there to share his cake with him. I know he had a good time with "G" and Grandpa Jim and also his great grandparents in Ruston. Love you Frazier. Nama and Papa

    ReplyDelete