Monday, April 27, 2009

Clear Skies With The Chance of A Shower

Happily, I can report that our new air conditioner is installed...along with a fancy programmable thermostat I still don't know how to work. It looks cool on the wall, though...and Josh has it figured out as best I can tell. All I know is that finally, regardless of the steadily rising temp outside, it's always a cool 72 degrees in here! And this makes me happy. I must admit, however, that the weather has been very pretty lately and reasonably mild. As I sit here in the breakfast room (where I LOVE working now because there is are three big windows in here I leave open all the time) everything in my backyard is lush and green and the wind is blowing the trees around...and I know if I open the door the air that rushes in will smell like the honeysuckle that lives along our fence. That's a beautiful thing. It may be Monday and I may be feeling a little crummy (don't know whether to blame allergies or an off-season cold), but it is hard not to be in high spirits because I'm coming off a truly wonderful weekend! We spent it in Ruston where four of the sweetest ladies threw me the most adorable baby shower! I had the best time and am still amazed and extremely grateful for all the gifts we received. I can't imagine there is a better outfitted baby than ours!! Few pictures were taken with my camera, so I'll have to post more if I can get some from the other people who were there with cameras. I really only got to shoot all the decor before the shower and got a quick shot of some of the gifts after the shower. It may be hard to tell, but these little water bottles were TOO CUTE! There was a picture of Soda on it (Soda Water, get it?) and then Josh and I on either side...Soda "Mom" and Soda "Pop"! I know, terribly clever, right? I love it!On the subject of showers, I should post these pictures and mention the great gifts we brought home from Pennsylvania...with all the things bestowed on us by family it was like having a mini-shower there!

That thing I'm holding up between us? That's right, it's a Penn State sippy cup. How cute is that? We have our fair share of Tech baby paraphernalia too...so don't worry, he'll be a well-rounded fan! :)While "thank you" doesn't begin to express the gratitude we have for all we've received by way of gifts and love and support...it's a beginning and it's all I have to offer for now- so...

-Heartfelt thank-yous all around!

With love,

Josh, Randi, Soda and Gatsby

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for allowing me to do this for you. You and Josh ARE family!!!! And the gift you gave me.....totally uncalled for but appreciated enormously. It was so you. Thanks again for the wonderful weekend. I had just as much fun doing all the stuff for you as you had. Miss you guys! Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics....it was fun last weekend. I too loved the Soda Water. Everything was lovely!

    ReplyDelete