Thursday, April 30, 2009

Tutti Fruity

I like food, that's no secret. I enjoy eating, cooking, and learning about food. But more than that- it's the idea of food, the feeling of food, and the aesthetics of food that I like. I have allusions to and representatives of food all over our house from fruit in the apothecary jars on the mantle in the living room, to the vintage food tins above my cabinets, the pear table cloth in the dining room and the cookie jars shaped like an orange, an ice cream cone and a basket of strawberries that live on the kitchen counter. I like dishes and aprons and clothing and bags with food on them. I paint food...almost exclusively. And of all foods I am partial to baked goods and fruits. Even my breakfast room curtains have fruits on them and the kitchen rug is shaped like cherries. It even seems that fruit has found its way into my baby stuff!!
These were some of the first things I bought...little fruit and veggie people. They're made by Under The Nile and are 100% organic. So they're totally "chew-on-able"! Why the next picture's sideways I do not know. Visit www.underthenile.com to see their products and read about the company.Of course, there's the fruit trees on the walls...These two things are teething aids.
www.greentogrow.com cute bottles, earth and baby friendlyThis little sprout outfit is one Debbie gave us...and the next one I bought from the same line...both have veggies- I love it!!Here's wishing you a fruitful Thursday!

randi and soda

1 comment: