Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Marking Off My List

It seemed, for about three days last week, that things were coming together at long last. I even posted a "Time of Things Coming Together Post" at sweetly happily artfully. The installation of the air conditioner was the last in a succession of things it seemed we were perpetually waiting on. Finally, last week I could count on one hand the number of things I still wanted/needed to do. And what's more, I was still feeling good...almost great, really...and I was looking forward to productive weeks to come. While there are still fewer things left on my lists than things I've taken care of, I've been set back this week and it's frustrating. Without complaining too much or going into ridiculous detail about which no one really cares- I will say that I don't feel well. It's this cold. And the fact that I'm not sleeping well at all. Even before congestion, sore throat, coughing and plegm was added on I was getting up every couple of hours to go to the bathroom and at least that often with heartburn and excrutiating hip aches. I've eliminated all carbonation, spicy foods, fried foods, orange juice and almost all cheese from my diet...and increased my milk and yogurt consumption and I sleep propped up- all in an attempt to remedy heart burn. Plus I take Tums...but never more than five a day, if that many. I don't know what to do about the hip issue. I have a body pillow. Other suggestions welcome. I understand frequent urination is just something I'll have to deal with...and this is fine. Fortunately, aforementioned cold seems to be getting better, just slower than I'd hoped. I refuse to medicate, so it's just a waiting game until the symptoms subside. It's reduced now to just a cough and runny nose...congestion, headache and a couple of vomitting episodes seem to be all just part of the past. In an attempt to will myself well (as is my usual m.o. when I'm sick) I've gotten up every day, gotten dressed and forced myself to be, at the very, least semi-productive. I got all my shower thank you notes finished, ran four errands, cooked dinner one night, cleaned out the fridge, did laundry and a bunch of dishes and organized all of the new baby stuff and put it away. Which brings me to the best part of my post and what I really wanted to report!! Back when we first found out we were expecting I did a lot of research on what you needed for a baby. I compiled a list of over 70 items (some of those things you needed multiples of so it was far more than 70 individual things) which included everything from the crib to nursing pads to diapers, bibs and baby wash. It seemed so intimidating back then, but having the list made it seem plausible and gave me some direction. Well, almost 30 weeks into this, my list is down to less than ten things! TEN! Here's Soda's closet...still a ways to go in terms of organization, I'm afraid...My current project, which I've been working on slowly this week, is whittling away at these last few things! It's hard to believe we're so close..and I have lots of people to thank for helping us get here! You all know who you are...THANK YOU! I just can't wait to actually use all this stuff!
Happy (and healthy) Wednesday to everyone!

*sniffle*

randi

2 comments:

  1. Okay....so give me ONE thing left on your list...and if you don't, I will give you #11. I still have some Soda Water left. We drink it daily. It might be the remedy for your cold. Hoping you feel better and thinking of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that you've been sick, but I'm glad it seems to be getting better! I had such a great time at your shower...you got some great things, and everything was beautiful and SO you!! It was great seeing you...and you look awesome by the way...

    ReplyDelete