Friday, May 8, 2009

31 weeks and counting...

I waver daily between thinking that 40 weeks is entirely too long...and feeling that it isn't near long enough. Today I am more or less indifferent. Not particularly anxious or apprehensive, which I suppose is a blessing...though I do have my list down to less than 5 items I still need prior to Soda's arrival (having marked off one more this afternoon) and every time I mark off one of those last few items I feel both anxious and apprehensive. I read that's totally normal...so I fret not for now. I thought I'd post an update since I had a doctor's appointment this week. It was uneventful to say the least...which, truthfully, is precisely the way I like my appointments to be. (And, praise the Lord, most all of them have been.) We get another sonogram next Friday and I'm really looking forward to that since we haven't seen him in almost ten weeks. I feel him all the time, though...and can easily trace his movements on the surface of my tummy. I find it endlessly entertaining to watch lumpy spots move about under my skin! He seems always to be on one side or the other so that I'm perpetually lopsided. As of the appointment Monday I'd gained exactly 19 pounds. Which I'm pleased with as is Dr. Tibiletti. We'll see what happens the next few weeks. I'm hoping to get some maternity pics done this weekend as I'll be seeing my little brother (also my personal photographer) on Sunday--so maybe I'll be able to post those soon!
Have a fabulous weekend...and Happy Mothers' Day to all the moms (and moms-to-be!) out there!!

Hugs-
Randi and Soda

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to 40 weeks feeling long one second and short the next! And, I can relate to those anxious times :). But, I know that God is in control, and He knows we can do this mom thing!

    Happy Mother's Day!!! Can't wait to see your brother's pics of you...I know they will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete