Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My "First" Mother's Day

This sweet mom-to-be card came from Debbie. There's an actual tiny purple button on it...too cute!!
This was sort of a pivotal Mother's Day for me since it is technically my first...but also the last, God willing, for the rest of my life that I won't actually be somebody's mother. It's hard to decide on a feeling for an event like that. The thought of being someone's mom for the rest of one's life is, well, daunting maybe?...and stressful...and very exciting at the same time! I can say, though, that Josh and I have both had amazing examples to follow in the Mom department (we were blessed with not just the best moms ever...but also the best grandmothers). We made a day trip to Ruston for lunch with three of those lovely ladies plus some extra family it was really great to see and though it was a quick trip and a long day it was really nice to be with everyone. In honor of the occasion (and also because I had to take a dessert to Eastman's spring crawfish boil on Saturday and because I'd been inspired by my dear friend, Lindsey who posted this blog about her tres adorable Easter cookies...) I baked and decorated some spring flowers of my own! ...more than six dozen of them! ..which meant I didn't get to spend as much time on each cookie as I'd wanted to. It was an all day affair as it was! It took the whole breakfast table to lay them out so the icing could dry!! They're my Aunt Melody's recipe...which is truly the quintessential sugar cookie recipe. You can find it here.From Soda's Dad, I got this journal for Mother's Day...each page has quotes and scriptures that are prompts for writing your thoughts and prayers and stories and memories for and about the baby...isn't that great? Plus it's really cute! :) It came from Lifeway (I'd seen it in their pre-Mother's Day circular)- it's just such a sweet idea!! I can't wait to write in it!! And Soda's Uncle Ross gave me the BEST KIDS BOOK EVER...it's The Very Hungry Caterpillar (which is, in fact, my favorite book- due in no small part because of all the food that's in it...) but here's the fabulous part...IT'S A POP-UP BOOK!! Does it get any better than that? I submit that it does not! :)This, by far, is my favorite page. 3 guesses why... :)
I did get my maternity pictures taken as I'd hoped (many thanks to Ross!!) and as soon as I get some edited I'll post them!
Happy Tuesday-
Randi

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your cookies...so pretty!! Wish I could eat one right now :). And, I agree that the Very Hungry Caterpillar is a great book! So fun that you have the pop-up one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed this post..glad to see you got the card! I thought it was so sweet....and the cookies were just as yummy as they look!!

    ReplyDelete