Monday, December 14, 2009

A Week Called Wonderful

We truly have had the most wonderful week. We were having so much fun, in fact, that I haven't had time to take the pictures off my camera or post! Finally, today at long last I have a few minutes to do so! I suppose I will begin where I left off...with Tuesday which was a MOPS day (our last before Christmas and my planet's day for set up).
Wednesday we finally got to have our several-time-postponed second playdate with Audrie and Adalynn. I took a picture of the babies together, but I don't know what happened to it. :( We all went walking together (in very, very cold wind) and Lynzie made spaghetti for the mommies for lunch- yummy. Then Wednesday night the Lowerys came over for our annual joint viewing of Christmas Vacation. We made a fire and some wassail and I put out some of my homemade holiday goodies...it was a really nice holiday get-together I thought!
Thursday evening was the MOPS gift-wrapping party- we all brought snacks and all the gifts we had to wrap and all the stuff to wrap them then spread out on the floor at church and wrapped! There was cider and cocoa and we shared wrapping supplies...much fun!
Friday we ran some errands- which is always easier to do with Josh, and had our weekly meal out. Then Josh kept Frazier while I finished some Christmas shopping.
Saturday was a big day. I started at 7am cooking. Ross was coming on Sunday and I'd planned a big dinner, plus I had to take a veggie tray to a baby shower and something to a Christmas party that night. I managed to get plenty done before the baby shower at two which I had to leave early to come home, feed Frazier and get ready for a surprise 30th birthday party for one of our friends at 4:30. We were a little late, but didn't ruin the surprise. After the birthday party we came home to regroup (and feed Frazier again) before heading to the 5th annual Christmas party at the Scott's.
It was great fun as always and really good to see friends we don't see that often. A couple of friends who moved to Houston were back in Longview and it was wonderful to see them. The highlight of the Scott's party is always the Dirty Santa gift exchange. Someone always steals the gift I want, but both of the gifts Josh and I brought were big hits so that was fun!













I didn't have my camera ready for the girls' group picture, but I did get the guys.











Sunday was our big Christmas day with Ross since he's going to Belgium for Christmas this year. I went all out and cooked a big Christmas dinner- turkey breast, dressing, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and turkey gravy, ambrosia, dumplings, rolls, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie and pecan pie. I even had a veggie and pickle tray with deviled eggs! And I made wassail again and chocolate covered pretzels and friendship bread.
And a partridge in a pear tree.
I have lots of pictures of Sunday:














































We ichatted with Mom and Dad so it was almost like all being together! Josh took this family photo for us! :)




























We rounded out last night with a family Christmas program at our church and fellowship afterwards.
And the fun hasn't stopped yet!! We were invited to a gingerbread decorating party at my friend Rebecca's (Frazier's friend Myles's) house this morning. There were lots of mommies and kiddos and we made these cute little graham cracker ginger bread houses and also the kids could make foam nativities. I was in charge of the house decorating table...a perfect job for me! I loved it!! Then we all had lunch (I made chicken salad- Rebecca made vegetable soup- and cute little cut out sandwiches for the kids...or the ones who could eat sandwiches anyway). I can't imagine how much time Rebecca put into everything, but it was really amazing...and brave...of her to have all of us over!












We really had a great time- though Frazier just hung out and watched everything. And I think it's good for me to be around kids older than Frazier with icing in their hair running circles around the living room. It reminds me of what I have to look forward to and helps me prepare. For instance, it occurred to me today as I was eating lunch on the floor and Frazier was sitting happily in Myles's bouncy seat chewing on his sweater sleeve that one day my little angel may be the one crawling around under someone else's coffee table barking like a dog.
And it'll still all be ok.
So there is our week in short...or not so short, really. We still have lots to do, but I'm thinking we might could slip in a nap...













Happy Merry!

5 comments:

  1. You are so busy lady! I love that last picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am exhausted just reading about all you did last week! The good thing is you had fun doing it. Love you lots and hope this week is just as busy with just as much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure glad we got to chat, sure wish I could have been there to see y'all and taste all the good food you cooked. Looks yummy for sure!

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Randi, I love the part about the kid who was crawling around and barking as it brought back memories of Lauren when she was little... I think there were a couple years that she thought she was a dog and you are so right it will all be okay..... cherish every minute... you will blink and he will be getting his driver's permit..... (Lauren turns sixteen on Jan. 10th- my youngest--can't believe it!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one busy mama! So glad you had such a great week with more fun to come!

    ReplyDelete