Thursday, December 3, 2009

What I really want...

...is an aluminum tree. Complete with the multicolored light wheel. This has proven, however, not only difficult to find, but also to convince Josh we need. So, the little plastic green tree I bought for, like, $15 three years ago came out once again with all the Christmas decor. It does fit well in the little space we have in the living room, though.
My tree, even this non-aluminum one, always winds up resembling something an after-Christmas sale (circa 1968) regurgitated. But that's the way I like it. Those bubbling candle lights, the tinsel icicles...
It literally took until today (and we started Saturday when we got home from Ruston) to get the house decorated and in some semblance of order.
We got most everything set up last weekend, but it was the reorganizing the things I decided not to get out, putting away regular decor which the Christmas decor temporarily replaces, and putting all the empty decoration boxes back up in the attic, and wrapping the gifts I have so far that took so long.
Not to mention it's much MUCH harder to do EVERYTHING these days. This is the case for two reasons (both begin with Frazier):
1. Frazier wants to be held, or at the very least not ignored. The vast majority of the time. (This might be my fault.)
and
2. Frazier doesn't stay put.

Ah yes, the days when you could put him down somewhere and he'd stay are nearly gone.
He doesn't crawl yet- he can get his back end up into crawling position and his front end up into crawling position, but coordination of the two eludes him. This is entertaining to watch, however. What he can do is roll and roll he does. I can't keep him on a blanket. I can't leave him on the bed. The minute I put him in his bouncy seat or Bumbo or swing the first thing he does is try to get out. Case in point (see pic below):

He almost succeeded in launching himself out of the swing while I was unloading the dishwasher today.

Funny story (to me): Today he was sitting in his Bumbo chair on the counter while I filled containers of spiced tea mix and he just reached right over, grabbed the lid of my big orange-shaped cookie jar and flung it at me. He was as shocked as I was it happened! Note to self: keep cookie jars out of Frazier's reach.
I figure there are only so many years in your son's life during which you can dress him in furry blue jackets with ears. So I'm making the most of them. :)
It's finally wintry feeling here...mostly. Not really coat weather, but spiced tea and fires in the fireplace weather!
Well, here's hoping I get another chance to post soon!
Happy beginning of Christmas season!

5 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, it's all so beautiful just like I knew it would be!

    And Ross, where's that aluminum tree? Randi needs it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful Thanksgiving...Wii have so much to be thankful for! ;)

    Your house is sooooo cheery as always. The tree is adorable with all your cool lights and yummy ornaments! We are trying to get caught up. Hope to do outside lights maybe today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your decorations are so pretty, and I think your tree is just perfect! And, the jacket with ears is almost as precious as the little boy in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas stuff looks awesome! I cant' wait to see it in person!

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete