Monday, July 19, 2010

FFBP Installment 2: Cupcake Menagerie

Since I figured I only had so many birthdays (maybe just this one) that I got to pick the theme entirely on my own...I used cupcakes. Because I like cupcakes so for now, Frazier does too! ;)

Here are all the decorations from the party...I made pretty much everything. Guess I was in need of a creative outlet. :)
I couldn't believe I found this cute cupcake shirt for him...it says "Baby's First Birthday". Perfection.

Cupcakefetti:
Here's an overview of the tablecloth I made. I just ironed on the cupcakes with heat-n-bond and hand-wrote "Happy Birthday to you" around the center.
I found this idea for a cupcake wrapper garland online...brilliant idea, super cute, and pretty cheap, too!
The white part of those cupcake center pieces are white cupcake wrappers:
Molded chocolate suckers. I'd never made any of these, but with melt in your microwave white (and blue) chocolate and a plastic mold these were extremely easy. And yummy.
I love this whole line of toys...Smart Snacks. Couldn't help but order these:
I know it doesn't look like that many, but when I was icing them it seemed like a ton of cupcakes:
One of the best ideas I've ever seen- wish I could take credit for them, but I found this idea online too. It's just Reese's cups with icing (and a Cherry Berry) on top:Adorable, no?
This is Frazier's special cupcake:
I ordered plates, napkins, invitations, and two mylar balloons in this pattern:
Maybe it was all a little much...but then again, your firstborn's first birthday only happens once, right?

3 comments:

  1. I would have expected nothing less. It is all amazing. I can't decide what my favorite thing is! I'm kinda partial to that tablecloth, but love that garland, and the big cake with blue stripes, and . . . well, it really was just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was all amazing, and such detail, everywhere! I wonder when you slept the past few weeks. Frazier is in for some fun parties in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randi, it was just perfect and we appreciated all your hard work! I am glad there are great pictures so Frazier will someday truly understand what an amazing, creative Mom he has!

    ReplyDelete