Friday, October 15, 2010

All Things Autumn

I can't imagine there is anyone who doesn't like fall. It's such a perfect time of year; a time of refreshment after summer and anticipation of winter and the holidays. It's finally getting cooler here so we've been celebrating autumn. I've made pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cheesecake, pecan pie and a few cool weather dishes in my crock-pot... ...and last weekend, when Grammie was visiting, we went to a pumpkin patch!
We've also been enjoying the parks...I've had to drag Frazier away kicking and screaming a couple of times already. The weather may be perfect, but we just can't stay there all day!

Lastly, I have to mention this little piece of fall happiness that came my way today via my friend, Ellen. It's a caramel apple from (and I quote Ellen here) "the best candy shop in the midwest", Betty Jane's. And. It. Was. Yummy. All that's sweetest about fall...on a stick.

Happy fall, ya'll!

6 comments:

  1. I totally ate that whole apple when I got home and put Audrie down. It WAS so delicious! Today..I will be making my first apple pie and trying a new pecan pie recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED the pics and heard lots of cute Frazier stories last night over supper. I especially like the pic above where Frazier has his lip poked out as if to say, "HEY, I am NOT perfectly happy here-DO SOMETHING!" He is a cutey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That close-up, semi-pouty face picture of Frazier is precious!! And, I love all of you in the pumpkin head picture...priceless! An adorable family! LOVE that you are soaking up fall! We are too...it's great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frazier's hair looks so much lighter! Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Girl! I'm not sure if I have posted on your blog before but I knew that I finally needed to once you wrote about Fall! Horray for the Fall!! I have been following your little family now for a while, thanks to Lindsey, and I must say that it has been so encouraging to see where God has taken you in your life since our days in Amy's community group at Crossroads!! It is evident that God is blessing your little family! Thanks also for your funny & enciteful posts - you always keep my smiling :o)
    ~Blessings~ Rachel (Reeg) Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved all the pics. Frazier looked like he was having a good time. The pouty one was so cute. i am sure you all had a good time.

    ReplyDelete