Thursday, June 16, 2011

Berry Pickin'

A couple of weeks ago we went out to Martin's Berry Farm and picked blackberries. With Mae Mae and Pop plus the three of us, the picking went fast and we came home with a huge haul. 5 buckets- you may remember this picture.
My freezer's full and I've made two batches now of blackberry jam. Yum.

Freezer full or not, I still wanted to go back for blueberries, which Mr. Martin assured us he'd have in two weeks. As this week marked about two weeks since our previous visit, we returned. And this time we brought friends.

The whole berry-pickin' bunch:
Me and Fraz:I'm pretty sure we ate several handfuls. Berry picking makes you hungry.Aren't these beautiful? I loved all the different colors in one cluster.In the end, here's what we got among the three...er, seven...of us. Being that three of the seven were under two- I'd say that's a pretty good harvest. I was determined not to leave without my bucket filled. Mines the one on the right. :)Blueberries are better with friends. Like most things. This was about as close to a group picture of all the kids as we could get. At least they're all in the frame:Then Frazier ate blueberries out of our flat ALL the way home!
Mmmmm. Tastes like summer.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, it does look like y'all had a good time and I see from those last pictures that you have developed what all moms have - eyes in the back of your head :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of blueberries! You should come guest post on Messy Aprons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Berry picking is therapy to me. I have been twice this week, but it was just me and Chris Tomlin, Bonnie Raitt, Ella Fitsgerald and James Taylor out there. I would have traded all of them for one sweet Frazier.

    ReplyDelete