Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Basking






I look forward to the few weeks out of the year Texas Red grapefruits are in season. I can have apples all year 'round...so an apple's an apple, but I savor every bite of every one of those grapefruits in every bag I buy. I look forward to the day they're available and I anticipate with sadness they day I eat the last one until next year. Josh's Aunt Julie says that families aren't meant to be so very far apart, but I know now that they're like those grapefruits...being apart makes every minute together thicker, more meaningful. Knowing your time is brief with long stretches in between makes it that much more lovely to bask in their presence and and that much sweeter to revel in their warmth.

4 comments:

  1. Glad ya'll had a nice trip. I say this all the time, but Frazier's hair is getting so light. Must be all the summer sun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This past weekend was the best weekend I have had in a long long time....surrounded by people who mean more to me than anything and spending time together.... I stood outside my kitchen window and looked out at everyone and just watched and listened..... I guess I was basking....and it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy every minute!
    We love y'all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a wonderful week-end and also a great time when you came to Port A. for a few days. Really miss all three of you and miss that sweet little voice every morning. God love you all. Come back, Please. You tell Frazier that Papa and Ma say "hi" and we love him a lot.

    ReplyDelete