Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Love, Love Me Deux

A blogpost in honor of Frazier turning 2.
I find that the blogworld is choc-a-bloc with Moms who think their kid is amazing and want to post about it...usually in letter form. Not that there's anything wrong with that. After all, mine is and I do. (And sometimes- ahem, Kate- I look forward to other people's letters to their kids.) But honestly, I'd just be so redundant...and mushy...and I'd hope that if Frazier went back and read it someday he'd roll his eyes and say, "You didn't have to type all that, Mom. I already knew." Because no kid could be more treasured than this one, and I'm privileged to get to prove that to him every minute of every single day.
I will say that I love having a toddler.I love the revelation of this new charming little personality.
And I love, love, love that he's talking...

...and that he laughs and laughs and laughs.He's such a thoughtful kid.
I spend so much of my day just sitting and watching with wonder...amazed at this beautiful little person.
And at how much I love him.
Dear Frazier,

Every day with you is better than the last,
and on each of our yesterdays I've thought to myself,
"It can't get any better than this."

As ever,
Mom

5 comments:

  1. Great pics Randi. Love the one with Grandma Myrtle's fur hat on in our living room, She would like that one. The are all great. He such a precious boy for sure. We were all so happy to have him visit all of us and especially how well he did meeting all the relatives. Guess he knew how much we all love him and his Mommy and Daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. Most Moms think their kids are amazing. And both yours and mine are :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe it or not some new Moms don't feel like this....I remember expressing these same feelings to a Mom in IL. who acted like I was not normal....and that I would get over it. In defense of this Mom she had five kids and seemed worn slap out....but it still made me sad. You are such a good and sensitive Mom!! Frazier can't help but be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet post. He will know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How perfect...I have tears in my eyes! And I won't even blame it on the pregnancy hormones- ha. Happy birthday, Frazier!

    ReplyDelete