Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Thank You Very Much

We have always tried to model what we expect of Frazier in terms of saying "Thank you" by thanking him for things in appropriate situations, and for months now I've been requesting explicit please and thank yous from him any time a situation warrants one or the other. It's been hit and miss, but one morning a few weeks ago while he was sitting at the table having breakfast, I brought him a cup of milk and when I set it down at his place he said completely unsolicited, "Thank you, Mommy." Breakthrough!

Today we had lunch with my cousin Anna (Nanna, to Fraz) and while we were waiting for our food I gave Frazier a box of raisins to munch on. Without thinking I reached over as we were chatting, took a couple of raisins out of the top of the box and ate them. Frazier tilted his head down and peered up at me a little sideways with this expectant look and said slowly, "Mommy? Thank you?"

Oops. So much for modeling good behavior.

Thanks for sharing your raisins, buddy. And keeping Mommy humble.

1 comment:

  1. That's adorable. Love the Frazierisms. We had to teach my niece not to "snatch" things out of our hands while we were looking at them (i.e. iphones, magazines, etc.), and one day I grabbed something from her she shouldn't have had...only to be told, "Sissy, don't you snatch!!!"

    ReplyDelete