Friday, May 21, 2010

Feed Me

For the sake of remembering I thought I'd do a post about all the things Frazier has eaten in the four months he's been eating "real" food. Fruit and vegetable-wise, he's had the following (but not necessarily in this order) and combinations thereof:

*butternut squash
*acorn squash
*sweet potatoes
*sweet peas
*green beans
*asparagus
*cauliflower
*rutabaga
*avocado
*banana
*blueberries
*pear
*watermelon
*cantaloupe
*peaches
*mango
*kiwi
*papaya
*apples
*carrots
*prunes
*apricots
*kidney beans
I'm reasonably sure that's comprehensive.
I boil, bake or steam the fruit or veggie, then puree and freeze it.
We have both the baby cubes (because they are individual servings with a lid that you can take with you, and we have the icecube trays with lids. I freeze those, then transfer them to a bag...that way I can keep more than two trays worth in the freezer. I thaw and mix them with either rice, oatmeal or multigrain cereal.
Fortunately we're in the realm of finger foods now, so the purees are on their way out.
He also eats Happy Baby puffs and yogurt melts.
After two failed attempts at breastmilk yogurt, I finally bought some Stonyfield YoBaby yogurt,
and he likes it so we've tried it in all four flavors available here: apple, blueberry, banana, and vanilla.
He's also had Earth's Best teething biscuits, but makes a magnificent mess with them so we don't have them often.
Sometimes I give him tofu or rice pasta.
And speaking of eating...
Frazier finally got two teeth this last month!! You can see them pretty good here: So we added tooth brushing to our evening routine!

3 comments:

  1. LOve the picture in his high chair with his foot resting against the tray---Ah the life of a 10 month old!! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for teeth. Such a cutey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe Frazier will have enough teeth for a T-bone by the time we see him in July! I too love the foot on the tray. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete