Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Things They Carried

I love packing. Anything. I think it's because exhausting the possibilities is something of a hobby of mine. And a talent. Probably the former because of the latter.

I've been packing for Belgium since before we booked our flight, albeit only in my head at first. But for about two and a half weeks I've had the suitcases out--mine and Frazier's at least--and I've been packing them diligently. And making lists. Don't know where I get that from. ;)

I am pretty sure I've considered everything. Right down to the outfits we're traveling in which are laying out next to the bags. I have the big packing list, the list of things I needed to purchase before we left, the list of things to do before we leave, the list of things to do yesterday, the list of things to do today, and a list attached to each bag of things that still need to go in it. I even made a comprehensive packing list at packinglist.org and emailed it to myself. You may note the two lists taped above the bags to the left of my suitcase:Didn't help that for as long as I've been packing our bags...Frazier's been unpacking his.Here is the mountain of bags that's going to Belgium with us. Add to this mountain a stroller and a carseat. And a partridge in a pear tree.

I think we're ready. Ready or not, though, we're leaving tomorrow! Please say a little prayer for safe and happy travels!

Tot ziens!!

7 comments:

  1. Have a blast! Safe travels :)

    P.S. Happy LOST night! Hope you're getting to watch before fleeing the country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels! I am sure you'll have a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun and don't forget the turkey baster. Good thing you have two now. Safe travel and God Bless the three of you. Will be so happy to hear all about it when you get back. Our best your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And we can't wait for you to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun! I'm a list maker, too, but I think I might have found someone worse than me. :-) But, it's nice to be organized, isn't it? :-) Have a great, safe trip and enjoy being with your fmamily!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know yall will have a great time...once you get off the plane:)

    ReplyDelete