Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Pictures From The Weekend

It's hard to follow a sweet post like Josh's Mother's Day post...

...but it must be done.

Because I've got pictures to post!

We had a pretty busy weekend.
Friday night we had the Lowerys over for messy shrimp.
Recipe:
1 24oz bottle italian dressing
juice of 3-5 lemons (depends on size)
1/2 c black pepper (it really calls for 2/3 c. but that's a heck of a lot of pepper...I think 1/2 c would be plenty)
1 lb melted butter.
3 lbs shrimp.
Put it all in a pan and bake it for 45 min. or until the shrimp is cooked through.
Enjoy!

Now back to the weekend:

Saturday morning we got up and went to Cracker Barrel in Shreveport for breakfast with my grandparents and my aunt and uncle who were here from North Carolina. I totally forgot my camera so until I get the pictures my grandfather took, I've no photographic proof of the event. It was great fun, though and we were glad Aunt Melody and Uncle Tommy finally got to meet Frazier!
Saturday afternoon we went to our first, and perhaps only :(, crawfish boil of the season! Crawfish, burgers, and fried alligator! Mmmmm.Sunday, of course, was Mother's Day! We ichatted with my parents and then Josh's parents and Mae Mae and Pop came over and we grilled burgers and had a really nice time visiting! It was an unusually cool breezy day so it was nice to be outside! Debbie took this picture, but I thought it was funny. Apparently, something got lost under the TV cabinet and Grampa Jim had to fish it out!

Happy after mother's day to our awesome moms...and moms of our moms! :) We love you!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great Mom' Day. Always enjoy your updates on what is going on. Sure wish we could join you but do enjoy the pictures. Nama and Papa

    ReplyDelete