Tuesday, May 25, 2010

In An Aeroplane Over The Sea

For those of you I know have been on pins and needles waiting to know if we made it across the ocean ;)...we did. And believe it or not travel really couldn't have gone much better. It was an absolute dream. I mean, we were traveling with our 10 and a half month old, but all things considered it was lovely. Nice weather, all flights on time, limited turbulence and no real meltdowns to speak of. We even got compliments on the behavior of our kid. In which I basked. ;) Best of all we arrived in Brussels right on time and today was a beautiful day here in Hasselt. So while Josh remedied his jet lag with a long afternoon nap, I forwent the luxury of sleep to spend the afternoon around town and chatting on the patio with my Mom.

And again, loveliness. However, Frazier became progressively out of sorts throughout the day and it's escalated to now where I sit in the living room blogging for lack of anything else to do and he's crying himself to sleep (hopefully) in the crib in our room. I figure he has to go to sleep eventually...I've tried EVERYTHING. And I mean that in the true sense of the word. The kid isn't into going to sleep. But he doesn't want to stay up and play either. I was up for that even though I've only had four and a half ours of sleep since Saturday night. I suppose it's the rigorous demands of time travel. After all, as Josh said, it's like we flew into the future!

Of course, since I, too, lost half a day my schedule's been disrupted too and I'm still not sure what time it is. I'm reasonably certain it's Wednesday. Yes, the computer confirms it's Wednesday and offers 0:24 as the time...so is that twenty four minutes past midnight maybe?

I took lots of cute pictures today and yesterday during our travel and perhaps one day...when my sleepy brain is working better, I'll dig out the camera cord and post some. Until then you'll have to imagine that out-of-sorts kid or not, we're thrilled to be here. And it's wonderful...really wonderful. I kind of can't believe we're here!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you made it there safe... have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided to come here to download some baster pics and I couldn't believe you are blogging! Soooo glad you are there (PTL)and after a day or so the jet lag will wear off and you all will be ready to les le bon temps roule!

    We are in the midst of checking all our lists right now! I keep adding to them. Maybe we do need a mini van!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl, so glad yall made it there! Love reading the updates! Have FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankful you are there safe and sound.... and now time to enjoy. You know how people collect things when they visit different places---does Frazier want to collect Turkey Basters hmmm? Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you made it there safely and that Frazier did well on the plane. Hope he is getting over his jet lag. Am sure you will have a wonderful time. Give Frazier a hug from us and our best to everyone.

    ReplyDelete