Sunday, June 7, 2009

I Thirst

I've been told that breastfeeding makes you thirsty. This makes sense. But I'm not breastfeeding yet- so what is up with this parched-ness? I am thirsty all the time. And I do mean ALL THE TIME. I rarely, if ever, have any desire to eat- yet, I am forever consumed with thoughts of liquids. I go to the grocery store and return with cases of water bottles or juices or popsicles that weren't on my list while food or household items that were on my list go forgotten. I think all day (and sometimes all night) about happy hour at Sonic and a half price large cranberry limeade. My day (and I mean this in the 24 hour sense because my nights are no different from my days anymore) revolve around drinking and peeing. I joke that surely this is one of Dante's levels of hell- where the condemned has a constant, unquenchable thirst combined with a perpetual, urgent need to urinate. Yes, everyone says breastfeeding dries you out...but no one has told me that the last few weeks of pregnancy do that, too. So how much worse can the thirst of breastfeeding be? I'll be sure and let you know.

1 comment:

  1. You were tested for gestational diabetes right? I don't remember feeling that way. Did you tell your doc?

    ReplyDelete