Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Place For Soda

I thought that it might never happen, but the nursery is actually finished! YAY!! So here are a bunch of pictures. It's hard to get all the angles so maybe I went a little overboard trying...This wreath is from Rachel Boersma and was a decoration from my shower in April. Cute, huh?
This window seat is one of the first things I worked on for the nursery. It began life as this:It cost me $15 at my favorite junk store. I had to do some major cleaning and then lots of painting and, of course, reupholstering. It's painted chartreuse inside and right now it's housing blankets...but eventually it'll make a good toy box!The glider is, by far, one of my favorite things about the nursery and it's one of the most recently finished things! I couldn't find the exact one I wanted, so we got one close (a gift from Jim and Debbie) and then my grandparents had the cushions recovered in this cute fabric I found...big thank yous to all of them!! It's just perfect! It's actually a white and chartreuse houndstooth pattern...but it's hard to tell in the picture. Oh, and the chalkboard has the lyrics to Forever Young by Bob Dylan, just in case you wondered.All the murals were done by yours truly. :) It was great fun painting on the walls. I designed the murals even before we knew whether or not the baby was a boy or a girl. The designs were similar for both. I painted the little rocking chair, too. It has a mushroom and some little bugs painted on it. Originally it was red with white hearts...$5 at Goodwill. And my grandfather made the bookshelf...which is also perfect, I think!
So that's it...here's his room. Now all we need is a baby to put in it! :)

3 comments:

  1. Randi...can I be your baby....I love this room!!!! And glad to see you found a use for the little brown tin.

    You are really talented.....I see interior decorating in your future....

    This little guy will love his room!!!

    ReplyDelete