Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Name Game Take Two (...or outtakes rather!)

While we actually do communicate (and I know you're all beginning to doubt that's so since we STILL have no name for our only child...thank God we're only having one at a time!) we have come to avoid the name question altogether. Occasionally one of us insists a decision must be made...and then ten minutes later we've talked ourselves in the same circle as always and we move on to something else. We did go to Books-A-Million this past weekend, however, because we had nothing else to do and I was looking for a gift. While we were there, I pulled a couple of baby name books off the shelf and we sat sipping an Italian soda and perusing monikers. I felt that what Josh's opinion lacked when it came to the name argument was breadth and depth that could only come from research. Though it was endlessly entertaining reading through these books, we left no more illuminated than before. (Unless you consider that we had ruled out a lot more names...in which case it was somewhat fruitful.) What I did leave with was a list of names I found terribly interesting. If I were a braver woman...or if I could be assured of having a future artist or rock star and not a doctor or a lawyer or something...I might use one of them. But I'm not...and who wants an accountant named Stash?

So here's my list for your entertainment:

Feivel
Stash
Argyle
Several
Nesbit
Grail
Dusk
Saffron
Fable
Clever
Jute
Nada
Dutch
Zoom

2 comments:

  1. 1. Kevin Merritt loved both Banjo & Cedar as options. How Kevin.

    2. What do you think of Chapin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saffron...I love that name.

    What about Jondi? (Josh + Randi)? HAHAHA. Jondi..hahaha. I love it..hahaha.

    ReplyDelete