Friday, June 5, 2009

On a very happy Friday note, I am super-excited to announce that I just heard baby Anniston's heart surgery went "GREAT!" (and that's a direct quote from her sweet mommy- who it seems is doing well also)! So many prayers on their behalf have been answered in the past couple of days and we're so very grateful!

As for news from the Anderson pregnancy- there isn't much as usual, but I thought I'd say that our meeting with our prospective pediatrician went extremely well. Though I had a couple of others on tap to visit with in case we had trouble making a decision, we decided after meeting Dr. Hunter we'd just keep her! She came highly recommended, and we mutually decided that we couldn't imagine what else we'd be looking for in a pediatrician- she seemed wonderful and spent lots of time answering questions with us. (I had a whole list!...yeah, I'm one of those moms.) We really enjoyed talking to her, and there are several doctors in the practice (I've heard good things about a number of them) that will see our baby in the event Dr. Hunter can't one day. There's a very efficient phone tree system that diverts calls to nurses and aides depending on your needs during and after business hours, and they have separate well-baby waiting rooms so I don't have to sit waiting with our infant around sick toddlers. The waiting areas themselves are adorable- very colorful with big blocks of colored linoleum on the floors, different colored sponge-painted walls, clouds on the ceiling, rainbow leather seats and big aquariums in the center of each waiting room. No fabric so everything can be wiped off...I found this to be quite the consideration. Everything felt clean...and I like that a lot! Dr. Hunter also recommended this book (which I promptly went out this morning and purchased.) I've already read through the first 117 pages. For being a pretty large reference book it only cost $20 (minus my 10% BAMM discount, plus tax came to $19.49) which I thought was a bargain. It covers everything...I wish I'd had it before now! Overall, I was really glad we did the meeting with the pediatrician ahead of time. I have much more confidence knowing we've met with her and having seen the office, etc. before we actually take Soda there. He'll be in good hands, I think. We also came away with a new-parent goodie bag of samples and pamphlets which was very much fun to sift through!

Have a happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the news about Anniston is so wonderful. PTL!

    A think I would like a woman pediatrician...although I loved my own pediatrician like an uncle. He had to kick me out when I turned 21!! I felt so badly when I heard(Dr. Doucett) had passed away.

    ReplyDelete