Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pictures I've Taken Lately

I just can't seem to make the time (or conjure the brain power) for clever blogposts with corresponding titles anymore. I'm doing this one with Frazier in my lap pulling my bracelets off so it'll be short, probably hurried and there will most likely be mistakes. But at least there will be some documentation of our life the past few days.Half naked is really the best way to dine. If you're eight and a half months old.This is what happens when you try to put Frazier in the carseat these days:It's embarrassing, I'm not gonna lie.
And speaking of carseats, it's really time to put in our new "big boy" seat...I just don't want to give up the option of taking him out of the car in it when he falls asleep en route home. Sometimes the 15 minutes or so he'll sleep after a ride in the car is the only time he naps.

Setting the Pack-and-Play up as a playpen may be the best thing I've done in weeks. He actually enjoys playing there as long as he can see me.
He'll walk along the edge or sit happily playing with toys for as long as half an hour sometimes. It's been an incredible relief to be able to, say, go to the bathroom without having to worry that he's doing this:...or this...The cell phone is still a favorite plaything, but yesterday he randomly called my friend, Lindsey. So we might have to keep it away from him!Since the time change Josh and the ultimate frisbee group have been out enjoying the long evenings and we've been out enjoying them! Every Monday we pack a snack and a sippy cup and spread a blanket on the field to watch them play.And speaking of blankets...this is one I made. It all started with the splat mat which you may remember from previous posts. It's adorable, but it's become a bit too small for both of us with toys and picnics and friends. Plus the bottom of it was getting dirty and that made me sad as it's a favorite. So it is being relegated to indoor messes only (it may, in fact, live permanently under the high chair) and I made this park blanket out of a vinyl table cloth I bought at Wal-Mart. It's the biggest one they had. I just folded it in half and sewed all the way around the edge. This way, instead of having one side that's felt and one side that's vinyl it's water repellent and wipe-off-able on both sides!We're still working on the sippy cup. Turns out that's a difficult skill to master.

So there's the briefing.

Happy Tuesday!

6 comments:

  1. Happy am I to see Frazier and know what he is up to ---- sorry to say the car seat picture made me laugh! (it brought back memories) ---- he is just adorable.... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is definitely adorable! A handful AND fun all at the same time :) Oh, and you might want to take Oma and Opa off the speed dial for a while. Although we would love to hear from Frazier, that might be an expensive phone call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason this made me cry....the swift passage of time just overwhelms me some days and as excited as I have been to converse with him, play chase, or hide and seak...I suddenly want baby Frazier to hang out a bit longer....and before you know it he'll be running around on a field while his wife and child watch. ( When I go on like this Jim usually asks if I took my hormone pill today.)
    Glad to see you're enjoying the playpen ....that is what we old timers call them. Josh had his favorite things and could be quite content for 30 minutes at a time and even would fall asleep "reading" sometimes. It really was handy when I needed to do something and provided safety. Here is a warning... don't put him in there completely naked not even for a minute! :).
    Great idea using a table cloth!! You should write a book with all your cool ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buy a bolt of cute vinyl material. Sew up a bunch of those "Babies" and market at a Spring Fair or on line such as Etsy. BRILLIANT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, for real Randi, you should do it! I would buy one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, putting your table cloth blanket in my "ideas-to-steal" stack!

    Alan just said that Coach Crowe also used to call crescent rolls "CROSSunts" over the speaker...ha ha

    ReplyDelete