Friday, January 29, 2010

I'm A Sucker For Documentaries

...and I'm not embarrassed to admit it. I'll watch a documentary on just about anything, but I have to say my favorite documentarian is Ken Burns. (The Planet Earth people being a close second.) And I'd definitely watch a documentary about anything if he made it. We own his documentary on The Civil War (as of this Christmas) and we watched the whole thing-- all 11 hours of it- (for the second time in the last year or so) in the space of about a week. So I've been humming Ashokan Farewell for a month now. I kid you not, I was really sad when we got through. I asked Josh if we could just start it over and watch it again. And I was serious.

Anyway, PBS is airing his documentary on America's National Parks right now. Which I've never seen...so color me excited. Unfortunately, you've missed the first installment- which I think was Yellowstone. It premiered on Wednesday- BUT despair not...I think it's being shown several more times before next Wednesday when the next one comes on. You know PBS. And, if all else fails you can also watch it online.


We're probably two of the few super pumped about hours worth of video and narration about the national parks...but in case you're with us...I just didn't want you to miss out. :)

1 comment:

  1. Ditto, I set the DVR a few days ago for this....love Ken Burns docs. I too was thrilled to see they were being replayed! I think my love for documentaries started with Nova clear back in the early 70s. I still watch those a lot.

    ReplyDelete