Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Little Red Overalls

There was once a pair of little red corduroy overalls. Actually they weren't just once...they still are. And apparently, they began with Josh and I was told that they were then passed to all the other little boys on his Mom's side of the family (all two of them, that is) and now, at long last, they've come to us. So, in keeping with the tradition I had to get a picture of him in them.

Now, many moons ago...before we even had a kid...I vowed never to take our hypothetical future children to a portrait studio. I just wasn't going to do it. But I will admit, that I almost went back on that for this picture...however, I resisted. And I set up the portrait myself. So Frazier's red overalls picture still looks enough like the others (maybe even better), but I didn't break my vow. :)
Without further ado...here's Frazier's alongside Josh's...both at six months; both in the same overalls.
The black background I could replicate...the fab mauve/purple backdrop with the peach thermal blanket? Not so much.
They're looking less alike to me.
Here's something crazy...I was going to put his Converse sneakers on for the picture, but the white socks he had on were too thick so I just left him in socks only. Then I asked Debbie to send Josh's overall pictures and look! He's just wearing white socks, too! Weird, wild stuff.
And now, because I know you don't get enough pictures of Frazier here...here are some more of the "studio" pictures we took.

3 comments:

  1. Awww...so cute....two sweeties. Just love them all! Randi, you did a great job! It will be hard to decide which one to put in a frame....might have to do all. :)

    We always called this Josh's "Chairman of the Board" pic. ("I want to welcome you all here today....") He had his hands together like he had just called a meeting.

    They used the ugly background for a reason...the black background was much more expensive and all the best pics had the black background. Sneaky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Randi! I found your site from Lindsey's...Alan and I had no idea you guys had a little one. He is the cutest kid ever! The overalls got to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are all cute. There are some that look like Josh did and some that don't. Could it be that he might just look like both his Daddy and his Mommie. I wonder???? Anyway those little overalls that Papa and Nama bought for Josh sure have made the rounds from Josh,Ross, Paulie and now Frazier.Little did we know when we got them how many sweet little boys would wear them.

    ReplyDelete