Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow Makes Applesauce

It's snowing today!! It's actually been snowing all day long and still hasn't quit. Since we live in the land of infrequent frozen precipitation...this is exciting.
We stayed in until this afternoon and I made Frazier some applesauce which made me think of that book, "Rain Makes Applesauce," hence the post title. (9 organic gala apples made about 22 ounces of puree so he'll be eating applesauce for awhile.) I also put on a pot of chili for dinner. Felt like a chili night.
Since it's Frazier's first snow, I bundled him up and took him out for pictures which would have been something of a problem (as he's about outgrown most of his winter wear) had divine providence, by way of my Aunt Becky, not sent an L.L. Bean polar fleece our way that arrived just YESTERDAY evening! :)I scraped up all the snow on our table and made Frazier a snow person. The only carrots we had were some I'd steamed yesterday...and they weren't going to work for a nose so we used a DumDum instead...and some dark chocolate Altoids for eyes! He was more interested in the snowman than the snow falling or the snow in the yard. He's wearing like three layers of pants, but I still didn't let him sit on the table with it for long.He kept blinking because there was snow falling on his face so it was hard to get good pictures!

Happy Snow Day!

3 comments:

  1. That last foto...hahaha. What a cutie pie. I love the first one of you and Frazier.

    I know why he likes the snowman...looks like Sophie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you're getting some SNOW! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! i LOVE the snow! it is coming down nicely in ruston...time to go play!

    ReplyDelete