Saturday, August 1, 2009

Third Saturday

***I just set him down on the Boppy pillow (yet another favorite thing) for a minute so I could regroup after nursing, but he got so comfy and looked so cute I let him stay long enough to grab my camera and get this shot! :)

So this is Frazier's third Saturday and our first Saturday just the three of us...or four if you count Gatsby who is currently sleeping amid the throw pillows on the sofa. It's been a slow, boring day, really. It poured down rain here just a bit ago and we spent awhile without electricity. It was so dark it seemed like evening at 1 o'clock in the afternoon! Josh has gone to buy shoes...and a new hair dryer because mine died a couple of days ago. It was the perfect hair dryer, too. I'm hoping he finds one just like it. Frazier is asleep in his swing...I'm just waiting for him to wake up to eat. Until then I've little to do. I did get out yesterday, which was nice. Josh gets home by noon every Friday so after lunch I ran a few errands and felt part of the world again. Though with all the trips we've made to the doctor's office and hospital the past two weeks, I don't feel that I've been that cooped up. I had a third of a cherry Dr. Pepper (the first caffeine I've had since November) and I bought myself a copy of Food Network magazine because it had nothing to with pregnancy, babies or parenting. I thoroughly enjoyed it...perhaps I'll subscribe. I wanted to spend just about half an hour on my elliptical today, but Josh's curl bar is in front of it so I couldn't move it out. And when asked to move it for me, Josh narrowed his eyes. "But what about your stitches and stuff?" He looks appalled that I'm considering such a thing. "It's only been, what? 15 and a half days? I don't think that's a good idea." So he refuses to move the curl bar. Exercise plans foiled by an over-protective husband. I'm starting my pilates back on Monday, though, because I have to do something. Sitting around here just isn't doing it for me. Plus, I'm doing this stress management program through our insurance (it's an incentive thing that gets you a break of sorts). Every couple of weeks I have a phone appointment with my personal health team counselor, Justin, to evaluate my stress level and overall well-being and to discuss strategies for making my life less stressful, etc. I had to set a goal this week and pilates was it. I said my plan was to shoot for three times a week...Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings. True to my word, I'm going to try. I like having positive results to report back even if Justin can't really prove I'm telling the truth. I forgot to mention in my last post that Frazier's two week check up Thursday went well. He weighed 9 lbs 12 oz (so he was up 3 oz from his birthweight) and he was 22 inches long. Dr. Hunter was (and I quote) "tickled pink" about his progress. She also had to remove his umbilical stump since it never fell off on its own. Other than that it was uneventful...which is the way I prefer doctor's appointments to be. We're very grateful to my Mom for going with us, as Josh was otherwise (workwise) detained and I don't know how we'd have gotten there alone. I do realize there will come a day I have to go somewhere with Frazier and only Frazier...but that day was not Thursday. And speaking of Frazier- I'm being summoned to feed the bottomless pit that is my child.
Have a happy Saturday,

r.

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable picture....look at his toes...and he is smiling!! I would have loved a Boppy pillow. I had to stack pillows all around.

    Josh is right...be careful of exercise cuz we were on a couples' bowling league and I went about 10 days after Josh was born and it was a very bad idea. Jim told me he would get a sub for me and I said no. I should have listened...in fact Josh went, too. He sat on a table in his little seat on a table and slept most of the time. (He seemed to sleep better when there was a lot of noise!) Needless to say I thought it best to get a sub the next week. Healing takes time.

    ReplyDelete