Thursday, August 27, 2009

4th Anniversary/Six Week Birthday

Exactly nine [long] years ago today Josh and I went on our first date, and four [wonderful] years ago today we got married!

An homage to the last [fabulously happy] nine years in pictures:
(music: The Song Of Life by Scribblemonster)
...and six [long, wonderful, and fabulously happy] weeks ago today...Frazier was born!
So I had my six week check up this morning- I got a great report. It's almost like I never had a baby...except that there's this baby here...and some stretchmarks. I'd lost 33 pounds since my last appointment- hooray. It was actually a little sad to leave today knowing it would be a year before I see everyone there again. I'd gotten used to seeing them so often! This appointment also meant we took our first outing just Frazier and me. Honestly, I thought it went extremely well. I was encouraged that I might could actually do this again sometime. :) Though it really would be much easier if we could just stay at home until he's big enough to sit on my hip...and/or until he's potty trained. Really, it'd be great if we could just stay in until he's old enough to drive himself somewhere...just kidding. But seriously...on the potty training thing. :) Here he is all buckled up and ready to go. This carrier to car seat to stroller system? Bulky- but priceless. SUPER handy. I never had to unbuckle him the whole time we were gone...the transitions were seamless.
I had to document this adorable sweet pea get-up this morning before we got dressed for our outing. It was a gift from Frazier's Aunt Jeanie and Uncle Jerry. I LOVE it...mostly because it has veggies on it...you may recall this post: Tutti Fruity...and because it buttons all the way up the front- which is how all baby clothes should be.Detail of the cute little socks that match. The day Frazier outgrows this outfit will be a sad day indeed.I walked through the living room the other night to find Josh half alseep, but Frazier wide awake- not the usualy scenario. :) He popped his head up when I walked in and watched me walk by. It's also a good picture of this crazy hair thing we have going on. The whole cowlick in the front...it's weird...I dunno.

So that's the end for today.

Happy Anniversary, Bud! Love you a whole lunch. ;)

5 comments:

  1. Frazier loooks like he is all set to go in his carrier. He has a look like "okay mama where we going---I'm ready!" so very sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry meant to say HAPPY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh...another perfect song! Love the slide show! Likes peas and carrots you are! (I am starting to talk like Yoda these days...strange!)
    Happy Anniversary!!!!!

    Frazier is starting to look like a kid already, but then Josh sorta did the same thing....big kids have to live up to higher expectations cuz everyone expects them to do things they wouldn't espect from a tiny baby....he will probably walk early so as not to disappoint. :-) He is a such a doll...getting cuter each day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks so cute in his little seat. All set to go for a ride with Mommy. What a sweetie. Was fun talking to you all on your 4th anniv. tonight. Remember that wonderful day very well. Love you guys a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well what a cutie...been looking at the pixs on the announcement every day....alot. What a face. Can't get enough of him. Seems like July and August will be all about celebrating in the Anderson household for years to come....Baby Frazier Birthday in July...Josh in August, Anniversary in August..and Randi in August...WOW!!

    Happy Birthday to both of you and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! As for Frazier....just Happy Happy Happy Happy Everything.....

    Love to all of you!!!! from the New Jersey Clan!!!!

    ReplyDelete