Sunday, September 13, 2009

Returning to Routine

It's about that time, I suppose, when the baby is no longer "new" enough to be an excuse. Or that's how I feel anyway. For awhile people will forgive and overlook just about anything because, afterall, you just had a baby. House messy? Hair dirty? Tired? Grumpy? In your PJ's at 3 pm? Not getting out of your house? All expected. But not so much anymore. Really those things were never a problem because Frazier's such a great baby we haven't been tired, I've gotten a shower most days, I could get dressed if I wanted to, and he's been extremely good the few times we've gotten out with him. It was just nice to know that if we did have an off day or didn't get those things done, that was expected.
So we're adapting. And we are getting better everyday at, well, returning to ou old routine...an adapting to modifications of it. I think. I am much better at time managment now (most of the time) and I actually get more done around the house now than I did before Frazier was born. My house is much neater these days. I read more, work out more regularly, cook more often and clean daily. Weird, wild stuff, right?
(You may notice my use of multiple paragraphs *ahem- Ross*. I received complaints that my longer posts were all one paragraph and therefore difficult to read. For which I apologize and am attempting to remedy. However, for some reason this is the best I can do...no matter how many spaces I put between paragraphs or how far in I indent the first word, when I publish it reformats it to look just like this.)
Anyway, today was our first week back to church which I was really looking forward to. We'd actually intended to go back two weeks ago and it took us until this week to actually make it. And we were a few minutes late. Which might be because I insisted on taking pictures before we left. It's just that Frazier wore his nicest outfit- our one and only Feltman Bros. outfit with a hand-embroidered train across the front...a gift from Mrs. Long. He looked so handsome :) so I did the whole throw-a-blanket-over-some-pillows-and-prop-him-up thing. This was the result:
one picture of him almost smiling...one picture of him actually smiling..this look...one of him poutingand one of him yawning...

Pictures aside, it really was great to get back to church (and to see friends and show off the baby and all that stuff!) I hadn't realized how much I'd really missed being there regularly. We weren't able to go to an E&E class (our church's answer to Sunday school) and that was a little disappointing. I'm just not ready to leave Frazier at the nursery. It just so happened, though, that our first Sunday at church to worship as a family was also the first Sunday of a new sermon series about creating healthy families! It seemed like the perfect Sunday to have returned!

2 comments:

  1. Precious, precious, precious! Sweet, sweet baby boy! Love his shoes. Thanks for alllll the cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my I need to hold this little guy!!---I love the look picture---third one down---he looks very content. Love seeing the pics. I check it every day to see the pictures. Thanks

    ReplyDelete