Friday, September 25, 2009

"You looked like a mom"

Today we went out for a late lunch and then Josh drove me around to run some errands and stayed in the car with Frazier most places. One of the stops on my list was the cleaners where I ran in and dropped off a pair of paints to be hemmed. As I walked out they asked several questions like were they pinned where I wanted them hemmed and did I want them washed and pressed. I answered them and got quickly back to the car.

As we drove off Josh said "You looked like a mom standing there answering their questions."

I laughed. "And how is that?"

"I don't know...you just held yourself well. And you looked like someone who had more important things to do. You know, bigger fish to fry."

I found this amusing.

So here's to looking like a mom at the cleaners. And to Frazier, my son, my "more important something to do," my "bigger fish to fry." :)

The End.

2 comments:

  1. Never really thought about this, but I know what he means. Mothers come in and out of the office at school bringing PE suits or lunch money and they are in a rush! Every once in a while I see one who is strolling and I figure that must be the student's big sister or aunt. Mom's usually have all sorts of fish needing their attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just ready for you to bring this little guy for us to see. You can look like a mom or not look like a mom....you will always be Randi to us!

    Love you guys.....Rachel

    ReplyDelete