Thursday, October 1, 2009

11 Weeks

I didn't realize it had been almost a week since I posted, though I knew it'd been awhile! Frazier is 11 weeks old today! Week 11 was not terribly eventful, really, so you haven't missed much. I had another bout of mastitis, which partially accounts for my absence. But it was considerably better this time. Since last time it happened (you may remember this post) we'd had Frazier less than two weeks and I was still on my pain meds, we'd spent several days of the previous week in the hospital, we'd had company every day and my Dad had just left for Belgium so it was hard to determine what was what.
Strangely enough, even with much less going on this time it sort of snuck up on me again. I had pain in my (right) breast all week, but no redness or fever. So I just kept plugging along. Frazier and I even got out to run errands, I started making Frazier a Christmas stocking to match the ones I made for me, Josh and Gatsby, I had coffee Tuesday night with the ladies in my MOPS discussion group (and left encouraged and energized as always!) and I've kept up reasonably well with the cleaning and laundry I now do daily.
But by yesterday I could tell it was coming. I was extremely worn out, irritable, listless, in considerably more pain to the point that holding Frazier was uncomfortable, nursing was excruciating, and I had a fever of 100 degrees. I started back on a regimen of my probiotics, upped my fluid intake and, after a Wal-Mart run yesterday evening I rested...a lot.
And this morning my fever was gone, and while there is still some tenderness no redness ever developed and I feel much better!! So it appears I might've fought off the infection on my own. I'm very grateful. I wasn't looking forward to going to the doctor for an antibiotic. I plan to stay on my probiotics for awhile...hopefully I'll continue to stave off further infection.
Enough about me- I now leave you with some more new pictures of my sweet baby at 11 weeks. :)
Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. I've got the cutest nephew ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better! That is just the pits. Frazier is looking older all the time...maybe cuz he is ;-). I agree with Ross...sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your feeling better Randi. As always we love seeing all the pics. What a cute little guy. We sure have a cute little great-grandson for sure.

    ReplyDelete