Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!!

This is Frazier's first Halloween...obviously. So he was a pumpkin. Because I feel somehow that all babies should be pumpkins at least once. He's still wearing his outfit- he didn't even seem to mind the hood. I thought it was adorable.
Our Little Pumpkin: Josh said I was like the mom on A Christmas Story who made Ralphie wear the pink bunny suit. And then I wished I could've found a pink bunny suit. Because that would have been hilarious. Silly or not, Josh was a good sport about taking pictures and I'm pretty sure I heard him tell Frazier as he buckled him in his car seat, "You're Mom thinks you look cute, and that's all that matters." :)

So we went to Farm Fair (our church's answer to Halloween) this early evening (like, 3:30-6ish) which was fun. There was popcorn and cotton candy, burgers, barbecue, hotdogs...that kind of thing. Live music, contests and booths with games kids could play for prizes and candy. And lots of costumes. Even some of the grown-ups dressed up! I was at the face painting booth for about an hour and a half (hence the candy corn on my face...I painted that myself and then started a trend of little people asking for the same thing). Frazier was great- since we'd had a couple of not-so-great recent experiences with public gatherings I was a little worried, but he slept most of my face painting stint and then sat happily while we ate and visited. Overall it was excellent. And everyone said he was cute. My $8 pumpkin costume was a hit! :)
(These are our Halloween PJs, a hand-me-down from our old pal Jackson Taylor whose first Halloween was last Halloween.)Now we're off to hand out candy as the neighborhood is hoppin' and I have a whole cauldron of candy to give away!
Happy (treatful) Halloween to you!!!

4 comments:

  1. So cute! Love his pumpkin suit!! Glad you all had fun. The last pic is adorable. Everytime Granpa Jim sees him in stripes he says, "he's a cute little jail bird". haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the last picture!! sounds like you had a great Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute. What a cute little "pumpkin" Just love this last pic. Sooo sweet. Just want to hug him. Wish he could have come trick or treating to Pa. Nama and Papa

    ReplyDelete