Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Decor

I am putting away the Halloween decorations this morning and replacing them with generic fall decor. I am taking a more minimalistic approach to decorating (for all holidays except Christmas...and maybe even Christmas, but probably not) this year so I only put out my favorite things...which weren't really few in number...but nevertheless it was fewer pieces than usual.
(I also got rid of quite a bit of non-favorite holiday decorations in general while cleaning out the attic last week...so that, by default, accounts for my holiday minimalism as well.
And now here are some pics of how I decorated for Frazier's first Halloween. :)

I love these glasses which I think came from TJMAXX a couple of years ago, and this little stack of black dessert plates I got at a thrift store. Since they were like a quarter a piece I bought them just for Halloween. The painting is one of mine. Pretty much all the holiday decor I make and don't sell...ends up adorning my house.
This vintage candy dish (or ashtray?) I use it as a candy dish either way :) came from this antique store during the Hwy 80 sale last year. It isn't really Halloween, but since it's black and orange...This is my favorite piece is I may say so myself. It's also something I made (all inedible of course!), but I liked it so much it was never for sale.And finally here is the mantle with the pumpkin people. You may remember this post about them from my decorating last year. I've collected 11 so far...which may, in fact, be too many already.

Last, but not least...want to play a game? I got this snowglobe several years ago and it's definitely a favorite, but I've been trying to figure out what song it plays since I bought it. This year I finally figured it out!
See if you know it:

We had lots of good guesses: Funeral March of A Marionette, In the Hall of the Mountain King, something from the Nutcracker, The Danse Macabre and a couple of movie themes, but the answer is....

*

*

*

*

*

*

*The Sorceror's Apprentice :) mystery solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment