Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Post For Tuesday


I couldn't think of anything clever to call this post. Sorry. I just wanted to post about the last couple of days. (I don't like to let too much time pass between posts or I forget what happened!)
Yesterday we had a playdate with our flag football friends Lydia and Lynzie and their kiddos Audrie and Adalynn, respectively. We had a really great time and planned another one for next Monday so we're already looking forward to that! :) This time I actually remembered to take pictures-they were so cute!!


I feel like I've been in the kitchen for days, but I'm not complaining, I've really enjoyed it. I made artichoke dip, my butternut squash ravioli, cheesecake, a spicy 15 bean soup and another batch of my friendship bread this weekend, then some hot ham and cheese poppyseed sandwiches yesterday, ambrosia for MOPS this morning, and now today I am baking pomegranate-chocolate chip-oatmeal-walnut cookies! Basically it's just Mae Mae's Cowboy Cookies recipe with pomegranate in them. I'm still baking (this recipe makes a ton), but they're turning out great! The arils stay in tact, but get soft and lend a fresh tangy pop to the cookies!
Tomorrow I'm baking bread and a pie to take to Ruston for Thanksgiving, and getting our stuff packed up and ready to go!
Since it's a holiday week and he's off on Thursday and Friday Josh has been just working regular 8 hour days (usually he works 4 9s and a 4) so he gets home at 4 yesterday through tomorrow. Somehow that makes it seem like a special week, so I think we're going to go out to dinner tonight...which means I should finish up my cookies and get ready to go!
Happy Tuesday-Before-Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. That is a great picture of Frazier. Everything sure looks yummy, and we'll miss y'all and all the good food that goes with Thanksgiving!

    Reading your blog about pomegranate, made me think about Brian Regan, and the cranberry salesman!

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete