Thursday, November 5, 2009

16 Weeks

One more week gone by. In 11 days Frazier will be 4 months old!It's hard to believe it's November, not so much because it seems like yesterday it was July, but more because it doesn't feel like November. It really is lovely outside, but this is more how I feel September should be. November should be cold. But it isn't...and though it does look something like fall out my windows, if you open the doors it's just too warm. Like 70s warm. We'd turned on the heater already, because it is cool in the evenings, nights, and early mornings, so we were determined not to turn the AC back on so we just set the thermostat really low, like 68 so it wouldn't come on, but it was still 78 degrees in here last night! We were all sweating!! I'm not complaining about the sunshine or the breeze or the cooler-than-90s temps we had a month or so ago at all...I guess I just feel gypped out of a season is all.

We finally turned the air back on last night.

Happily, for the first time since Frazier was born we had company (that wasn't family) for dinner! It was really great to entertain (and fellowship with some good friends...and eat some good food!) Frazier and I baked [Mae Mae's] cowboy cookies yesterday afternoon... ...and I cooked honey mustard chicken (just thawed chicken, sweet and spicy mustard, worscestershire sauce, salt, plenty of pepper, and honey in the crockpot for 3 hours on high, 6-7 on low...my own [simple] recipe), sweet potatoes baked with onion, butter and brown sugar, and a blanched broccoli and mukimame [bowtie] pasta salad (dressing: ranch dressing, butter and minced garlic)- Josh eats it with parmesan cheese on top, and homemade bread.

**About the pictures above: Yes, he's in a Bumbo seat, yes, it's on the counter, and no you're not supposed to use them on elevated surfaces (it says so in red right on the seat). So I can't advocate that. But here's the thing: I don't have a highchair yet (because they recalled the one I registered for and I'm still looking for one I like as well) and I've begun a campaign to keep him off the back of his head as much as possible when he's awake because I want his head to round out correctly (which rules out the use of the swing and bouncy seat for times like these). Plus he really likes this thing [now that he finally can sit in it right], and being on my level so it's easier to interact. And I NEVER left him. Not even to go to the 'fridge or the sink. So I feel it was safe. :)
This last picture is from this morning. I'm intrigued by how fascinated he is with the TV. If it's on when he's in the room he does everything he can to see it! I quit watching TV during the day when he's awake. I even cancelled the recordings on my DVR of about 5 of my favorite shows (which left me with maybe two or three- probably still too many, but cutting down is good for me...maybe I'll be able to eliminate those soon too).
Anyway, I did record the Martha Stewart Thanksgiving Desserts special and when Frazier fell asleep nursing this morning I put him on his blanket, fixed myself some breakfast and sat on the floor with him to eat...and watch my Martha special. He slept for all of ten minutes, then woke up and immediately started craning his neck to watch Martha! It's just too funny. He used to just watch, but now that he's more vocal, he lay there this morning jabbering away to Martha...so I have no idea what she said about this pie! Happy [warmish] November!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! He is so precious and so animated! Enjoy :)
    Love y'all lots, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, I wish they had Bumpos for adults. Bumpo? Is that right?

    That kid is awesome.

    Corey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Frazier is checking out what Mommie is making. He will be another Emeril. Just love all the pics of this great-grandson of ours. As I have said MANY times before wish we could pick him up and hug him. Counting the days until we can actually do that. Nama and Papa

    ReplyDelete