Friday, November 20, 2009

Ladies [craft] Night Out [in]

I had the ladies from my MOPS group [or the people from my planet :)] over last night for what I guess was a ladies night out...but technically for me was actually a ladies night in since it was at my house. Either way we had a really great time! I always enjoy getting together with them...really. Always. Almost everyone was able to come and we had three babies so Frazier had friends over, too!
Everyone brought something to eat and we had sort of a snack supper and then I had two Christmas ornaments for us to make...either a "cookie" ornament or a little house.
I probably had more fun getting ready for the event than everyone else had actually making their ornaments! I did a lot of prep work ahead of time so when we actually made them last night all that was left was the fun part: assembling and decorating.



I ran to Hope's Closet (my favorite thrift store) for some old sheets to put over my table and found these three that were in near perfect condition, a couple of bucks apiece and they coordinated! Random, fortunate find. Since they were all these sweet, vintage pink colors I decided to go with the pink theme. It was a girls' night afterall. I had left over pink utensils and napkins from a baby shower so I used them and I even got out my punch bowl (which I never get to use) and made pink punch!

Did I mention this was great fun? If you're reading, ladies, thanks for coming (and indulging my inner party planner)! Totally made my week. :)
And now in other news...
Frazier found his feet! Now anytime you set him down he immediately balls up, hands on toes. Like every other new development, I find this endlessly entertaining.

He's also begun taking an interest in toys which excites me to no end. For the longest time I've put toys down on his blanket with him, on the tray of his Bumbo or high chair and while he looked at them and sometimes pushed them around, he wouldn't actually pick them up and hold onto them. But yesterday I left him strapped to his changing table watching his mobile while I hung up a few of his clothes. While in his closet I see this soft block thing I'd forgotten we had so I took it out of its box, showed it to him and left it next to him. The next time I looked over he'd picked it up and was chewing on it!

So now every toy we own is out...somewhere in the house. And I couldn't be more thrilled. :)

2 comments:

  1. What a fun night! Everything looks just beautiful, and that little boy's pretty sweet to look at too :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creative,imaginative party...and lots of fun, too! I can only imagine Frazier's Birthday parties!

    Marcia gave Josh soft blocks much like those and he loved chewing on the corners. I think I may even have a pic of that some place. So glad he found his toes!! Chewing feet is a great way to pass the time. (NO! I am not speaking from experience!)

    ReplyDelete