Monday, November 9, 2009

A Post About Friday

Well, today dawned gray and slightly dreary...which is about how I feel. No congestion anymore though, so that's good. Frazier is sleeping pretty good right now, so hopefully he feels better.

Since I have a few minutes this morning, I am backtracking to post about Friday and the highchairs.

I've been concerned with getting a highchair lately, not because I plan to start solids soon, but mainly because I wanted somewhere Frazier could sit other than his Bumbo or bouncy seat while he's, say, hanging out in the kitchen with me or while Josh and I are eating at the table. I registered for a highchair at Target that I still love. Aunt Becky and Uncle Jimmy gifted it to us by way of a check for the cost of it because at the time of my baby shower it couldn't be found in their nearest Target store. I discovered later that it couldn't be found in any Target store because it was recalled. Much sadness ensued.So I waited, hoping they'd release a new one. Didn't happen. And I haven't been able to find one I like as well. Until now.

I found a couple I liked at Ikea, but one of them wasn't available online. Finally, I suggested on Friday that, since we have an Ikea just two hours away, we take a day trip. So we did. Josh was taking Friday off anyway so we got up that morning and drove to Frisco. We spent a good three hours at Ikea, and for less than the price of my other highchair, I got two different ones there!

Frazier travelled very well and didn't cry once while we were there. I carried him around in the sling which really wore me out...but he seemed to enjoy it. We also ate lunch there...here are some pictures courtesy of Josh. He wanted his swedish meatballs in a photo...and you thought I was the only one who took pictures of food! :)I'm very pleased with both chairs so far. The first is this little folding booster seat. It has a soft, removable and washable fabric cover and is extremely lightweight so it should travel well.One of the first things Frazier did was start chewing on it. It's obvious we're teething. :)The other highchair is this red and white one which has a little striped support cushion you can take out and wash. The tray comes off and will go in the dishwasher. Plus the whole thing doesn't take up much space and looks really cute in the dining room. :) Frazier wasn't much into taking pictures in this one...or at least not into smiling for them.
I'm very pleased to finally have this taken care of and I love them both...so it all worked out well.
Thanks to Aunt Becky and Uncle Jimmy! :)

1 comment: