Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

It just doesn't seem like Halloween to me without a jack-o-lantern and it only seemed fitting that in honor of Frazier's first Halloween we carve one with him. He was no help, of course, but the event was well documented. This way Frazier can look back one day and see what nuts we were. :)

It was a beautiful day (sunny, low 60s, breezy) so we grilled burgers and then set up the splat mat (courtesy of Mae Mae) and hollowed out some pumpkins. In case you are unfamiliar with the splat mat it's like a waterproof picnic blanket that you can just wipe off. Brilliant, I tell you. This was our first chance to use it...and I see us using it many more times in our future!
I spent a great deal of time at Wal Mart the other day picking out these 3 particular pumpkins...can you guess why? :) (The hat and onesie set Frazier's wearing is from his Grammie. Cute, right?)
We (and by we I mean I) spent most of the afternoon scooping out goop and then carving all three pumpkins...but finally VIOLA... Us as jack-o-lanterns!! :)

3 comments:

  1. The jack-o-lanterns are great and I don't know when I've seen such a beautiful family! Oh, and Grammie did really good on the Halloween outfit. Love that little hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love the last shot even though Frazier looks just a bit "pumkined" out for one day. What a cute idea. (Heard pumkin seeds are really good for you...did you put them on a cookie tray and dry them for you and Josh to use as a snack?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I think I have been pronouncing my Aunt Viola's name wrong for 50+ years!

    ReplyDelete