Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Milk Union and Other Briefs

I don't have the time or energy today to post something cohesive, so I'm just going to make a laundry list of all the things and pictures I wanted to get up here while I have the chance! :) 1. Today was La Leche League day (Josh calls it The Milk Union, hence the post title) so Frazier and I went to our first meeting since June. I have very little to report about it I suppose...it was a small group just like last time, but it was nice to get together and talk with some other moms. The only other girl there with an infant had the exact same car seat/carrier as me! Her baby, Preston, was just 5 weeks old. Frazier slept through the entire meeting. It lasted about two hours and there were cheese cubes and crackers.

2. We went to church Sunday before last in this adorable outfit:...and last Sunday in this adorable onesie (with little khaki pants, not shown)
*front says "His little lamb", back says "The Lord is my shepherd..." Psalm 23He's still being great during the service even when he doesn't sleep the whole time, so we're still keeping him with us.

3. We finally retired the sleep positioner (Mom). It has been too small for awhile, but it was hard to give up for three reasons: a) it worked well in the bassinet with the movement sensor, b) he seemed to like it. He'd lay right up agains the edge with his nose against it. I'm not sure why, but it did help hold the paci in while he fell asleep. :) and c) it had a light in it that was handy when we had to get up in the night and, say, change a diaper. This is a picture of our last nap in it. (I don't usually put him to sleep with a blanket...but the cover for the insert was in the washer for this particular nap.)
4. He has definitely found his thumb and is adept these days at sticking it in his mouth should the paci fall out. Cute as it may be, I continue to try and discourage it...though I think there's something to be said for self-soothing.
On the other hand (no pun intended), he's also getting good at holding in his paci. This is also cute. :)
And speaking of hands...
5. We're pretty sure he's right handed. Just in case you wondered.

And now, the small one has awakened and must be fed.

So adieu until...

r.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh....such SWEET pics and it is so amazing how he is growing!!!I have recently (re) memorized the 23rd Psalm ...so I just love the lamb shirt!!! We all need a shirt like that one! The little plaid outfit looks so cute with the hat! I am still baffled how this precious little guy can look so much like BOTH his Mommie and Daddy simultaneously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never would go to the LaLeaky League...aka The Milk Union...I was afraid they would try to get me to nurse 'til Josh was 2 or 3 and neither Josh nor I would have liked that although I guess that fear was probably unfounded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet he is. The thumb in the mouth is exactly like his Grandma Debbie. She did not favor one. She liked them both. God bless him. Can't wait to get our hands on him. Nama and Papa

    ReplyDelete