Wednesday, July 8, 2009

D-Day Plus 1 Addendum

Well, after reading the comments on my blogpost today and an email from someone afraid they'd offended me with name ideas, I decided I should post an apologetic addendum. Sorry to have ranted (and after I just said I wanted not to be a grumble, huh?). We were just really shocked at the lack of enthusiasm, criticism, and negativity we got (from a lot of different people...some of them we didn't even know well!) about the names we were considering. And it made the decision even harder for us...because we second (and third and fourth...) guessed ourselves and in the end didn't feel as proud of the name we picked as we had been when we orginally thought of it. It wasn't any one thing or person or comment in particular, but a combination really, that made the name into something we weren't excited about announcing anymore...but instead something we felt we had to defend and justify. And sometimes it even pitted us against one another as we started to doubt our decisions and fretted we'd be disappointing people. We've really enjoyed getting people's ideas for names, so for those of you who shared some with us- THANKS! What we decided our mistake was is having put our ideas out there as options so that they were up for criticism and debate. And we just won't do that again...so no one gets their feelings hurt...including the two of us! So I am sorry.
And, when it's all said and done, if it turns out you just loathe his name...you're welcome to keep calling him Soda. :)
*I suppose you'll gather by the fact I'm blogging that I'm not in labor. And we even walked THREE MILES tonight. And there was a rainbow...which I thought might be a sign. But alas, it seems that if it was a sign, it was one that he isn't coming today. :(


Well, it was pretty either way. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the rainbow!!
    You can be proud of your name choice. As I said... I don't think there is anything harder than trying to figure out what a baby boy or girl will be called for their whole life. I just wanna meet this little guy ....and SOON!

    ReplyDelete